Mimosa Duck Eggs
This little breakfast dish is so brimming with glutathione rich nutrition.
Asparagus, watercress, capers, and duck eggs, have two things in common. They are each individually extremely high in glutathione and they are a marriage made in heaven.
Eggs (and particularly egg whites) are often problematic, on a low histamine diet. I do tolerate duck eggs so I eat them.
Duck eggs are also often tolerated when chicken eggs are not. This may be because duck eggs have:
1. Thicker shell so stay fresher longer
2. Larger yolk to white ratio than chicken eggs (with the white of the egg being higher in histamines)
3. High Omega 3 content (thats highly anti-inflammatory)
4. High in glutathione and cysteine
5. Higher nutritional value compared to chicken eggs, particularly Vitamin D, and vitamin A.
Even if you are not on a low histamine diet, eggs are often not tolerated, and this is why the auto-immune diet excludes them for 30 days. One of the big mistakes I see on the auto-immune diet is that people exclude foods that are on lists and do not test their own bio-individuality.
Eggs and milk allergies are estimated to be around 0.2% to 0.4% in the US population. This means that eggs are amongst the top 8 foods that cause 90% of allergies but that only a small percentage of the population have egg allergies. It is my belief that each individual should test these top 8 foods, but they should not pull them out of their diet.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 tablespoon capers in salt, rinsed
- ¼ cup watercress, leaves or microherbs
- 1 pinch celtic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place 2 duck eggs into cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 9 minutes.
- Then remove from the heat, and place in ice cold water, for 10 minutes. Then peel.
- Snap the ends of the asparagus.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan, then coat the asparagus in the olive oil, and fry on a medium heat until the asparagus is wilted but bright green.
- Remove from the heat and place in a serving bowl.
- FInely cut the duck egg, capers, and watercress to make a rustic tapenade.
- Place on the serving plate with the asparagus
- Then Serve.