New Ingredient: Glutathione Setria
I wanted to update you on a new ingredient Glutathione Setria® that has hit the market which I am now personally taking.
There are three things going for this ingredient over the Seeking Health Liposomal Glutathione that I have been taking to date.
The product I have trialled is Healthy Origins, Setria, L-Glutathione Reduced, 500 mg, 150 Capsules although the Setria® ingredient is widely available. It is a peptide based version of the three precursors to glutathione.
Its about half to a third the cost of the liposomal products. Enough said.
There is none because it is a powder in a veggie gel cap. No need to grin and bear that strong sulfur taste anymore.
Clearly show that it raises glutathione by up to 1/3rd. Yes they were done by the company itself, and yes there is only one clinical trial, but its one more than most products. Also from this human test tube’s perspective it works! I literally can feel it in my body when I take it and when I don’t.
The Setria® process is rather secretive because it is a trade secret. It appears to involve fermentation but does not result in a histamine reaction for me personally.
I have no link to the developers of Setria®; other than I am converted.
I have written extensively on the importance of glutathione on my blog.
It is my experience that many folk with histamine intolerance or mast cell activation symptoms have had a toxic shock that was the trigger for the symptoms. In my case it was an adverse drug reaction linked to CYP450 mutations. Glutathione has been critical to my return to health.
Glutathione helps to;
– Neutralise toxins and chemicals to prevent cell damage.
– Regenerates other anti-oxidants, such as Vitamin C and E.
– Protect cell proteins.
– Supporting the immune system’s killer cells.
– Regulate methylation cycles; such that little progress can be made until glutathione is addressed.
Whilst a healthy body can typically create sufficient glutathione from a healthy diet it may also have a higher requirement. If you are wondering you can easily ask for your glutathione levels to be tested.
Glutathione is one of the most important protective molecules in the body. Its really that important.
- 07/02/2015 • Glutathione: A List of the Most Potent Inhibiting and Inducing Anti-oxidant Foods and Bioactives
- 07/01/2015 • My New E-Book Super-nutrient Smoothies is Here
- 06/25/2015 • CYP450 Enzymes: A Complete List of the Most Potent Inhibiting and Inducing Foods and Bioactives
- 12/24/2014 • Mimosa Duck Eggs