The adrenal hormone stress test provides detailed information on how adrenal and sex hormones are being produced and metabolized in the body.
Markers Included on This Test
- Daily free cortisol (the amount available and circulating in the body),
- Metabolized cortisol (the amount of cortisol the adrenals are producing or clearing),
- Hormone metabolites (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA),
- Phase I (hydroxylation) and phase II (methylation) of estrogen metabolism, and
- DHEA and testosterone clearance.
Detailed instructions are included in your kit. Please follow them exactly as stated. Please specifically note the instructions in relation to:
- The timing of collection. Pre-menopausal women should collect between days 19 – 22 of a 28-day cycle. Men, peri-menopausal, and menopausal women can collect on any day.
- The timing of taking hormones whilst doing the test.
- Avoid caffeine and large amounts of fluids, restricting fluids somewhat 2 hours prior to each collection.
- Don’t forget to label the back of each sample with your name and circle which one it is: waking, 2 hours after waking, dinner, bedtime. Very important not to forget this.
Here are also some videos to help you:
Samples can be collected in any order, but the recommended pattern is usually the easiest to follow.
- Test Type: Dried urine (urine is collected onto filter paper strips at 4 specific times throughout the day)
- Test Cost: Within the USA US$259, Outside the USA US$275 which is paid directly to the lab.
- Turnaround Time: 5-10 business days
- Instruction Sheet: Download Test Instructions
- Sample Report: Download Sample Report