Posts Tagged ‘vitamin B6’
Vitamin B6 is a cluster of compounds (not just one) that is a co-factor in over 100 biochemical reactions in the body which is why your Vitamin B6 level is important.
Here are just a few of the things that studies show that it does for you:
- Increases diamine oxidase plasma levels.
- Degrading glutamates and MSG.
- Metabolises proteins.
- Reduces oxalate levels
- Inhibits the degranulation of mast-cells.
- Moderates cortisol levels.
- Regulates blood sugar levels and glucose tolerance.
- Converts ALA to DHA.
- Acts as a potent anti-oxidant.
- Synthesises neurotransmitters; serotonin, dopamine, and GABA, and norepinephrine.
- Relieves PMS, dermatitis, mosquito bites, irritability, depression, and short-term memory issues.